Bayt Al Mowaten / The Citizen Publishing House By the League
Among the most important aims of the League is to disseminate the concept of citizenship. With that aim in mind, it agreed with the publishing house Bayt al-Mouwaten (which means ‘Citizen’s House in Arabic) to build a shared line of work to focus on the following three main axes:
3. Syrian testimony series, which brings together literary writings which reflect the life of people who had experienced the crisis; and which will build the Collective Memory writing in the time of crisis.
These publications will contribute towards the creation of an Arabic library for citizenship and its related issues. Based on the League’s central concept, the topics dealt with in these books could enter every study or research into the relationship between citizens, on the one hand, and the state, the shared environment with other citizens, on the other.
Among the subjects that published about in this series are the following:
1. Pre-revolutionary Syrian voices, (By the support of Hivos).
2. Syrian Mother’s, The reality of the Syrian women during the current crisis, (By the support of Etijahat. Independent Culture).
3. Collective Memory, by Maurice Halbwach and translated by Dr. Nisreen Alzahr.
The pamphlets published in this series are first and foremost directed at young people between the ages of 18 and 35 and aims to fill the gap in political and legal concepts which is a result of cognitive deficiency affecting the educational curriculum in Lebanon and the region. What is key here is that these civil education pamphlets are generalized, not specialized. It is almost panorama of the topics at hand, constituting the first step for those who want to read and research more.
Released of «Civic Education series» by the support of Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders (EMHRF), the following books:
- Secularism, By Tariq Aziza.
- Rights of the child, By Ruhada Abdosh.
- Post-conflict development, By Dr. Omar Dahi.
- Democracy, By Wael Al-Sawah.
- Freedom, By Maher Massoud.
- Civil society, By Hossam Shehadeh.
- Sustainable Development, By Mariana Tabba.
- Identity, By Taleb Al-Ali.
- The judicial system in Syria and its associated, Ibrahim al-Qasim.
- The Political Party, By Imad Ghalyoun
This series aims to place the foundations for the development of a collective memory during the current tragic crisis in Syria. The series is open to everyone, free of any prejudice in terms of political or ideological leanings.
In the texts submitted for publishing in this series, it is required that:
1. They neither abuse nor libel anyone
2. They do not put forward any violations of citizenship
3. They are of a literary character
4. It is approved for publishing by the accredited reading committee.
Released of «Syrian testimony series» by the support of Initiative for a New Syria (INS), the following books:
- Siege Mosaic.
- To My Daughter.
- Between The Lost God and The Recovered Body.
- Like He Who Witnesses His Own Death.
- Present Time Stories.
- I Have Never Laid Down On a Railway.
- A Vase from A Massacre.
- A Room Overlooking the War.
- If I Jumped Over the Fence and Did Not Get Hurt.
- Vacillating Land.
- The Story Is Not Over Yet.
- Enlarging What Is Little.
By the support of Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders (EMHRF), the following books:
By the support of Initiative for a New Syria (INS):
- The Rest of Life.
- Do not close your eyes.
- The path is screws.
- Umm Hashim’s lost lamp.
- Death as if it were a scrap.
- Since I didn’t die.
- It is like a resurrection.
- My uncle who is in custody
- Closed due to maintenance
- ِAs If we weren’t Here
- To be a Human
- No ribs reach both sides of the river
- War Passed by
- The Land of smurfs
Citizenship League calls on all those who wish to write about these axes to contact us via email so that we can find a way to collaborate.