Who we are
Citizenship League is a civil foundation that seeks to have an impact on civil society. we work on reinforcing citizenship and its values in the Netherland, Lebanon and the Region in terms of the relationship between citizens and between citizens and the state as well as the relation between citizens and the environment they live in.
The league believes that Citizenship is based on 4 main bases: freedom, equality, participation, and responsibility, and is supported by many values, but the most important ones are solidarity, politeness, civic awareness, and humanity. This means that all citizens, without any discrimination and exception and any kind of guardianship, have the same rights and duties, based on aware and active participation in building all aspects of life; social, political, cultural, legal, economic and others.
The Citizenship State founded on the bases of freedom, equality, participation and responsibility, where citizens from all genders enjoy their rights and commit to their duties without any discrimination.
Contribution to building the State of Citizenship to which the League aspires.
Our Core Values
Humanity – Human rights – Freedom – Equality – Participatory – Solidarity – Rule of law.
Reinforce citizenship relations between citizens, on the one hand, and between citizens and the state, and other citizens, and the common space on the other.
1. Disseminating the culture of citizenship and defending it.
2. Deepen the knowledge of national identity and its culture.
3. Deepen the experiences in issues of citizenship (Gender, democracy, secularism, education, diversity).
4. Reinforcing the concept of civil freedom as a basis of all the activities of the citizen.
5. Reinforcing the concept of equality of rights and duties between all citizens.
6. Work in theory and on the ground to reinforce the principle of participation in public life.
7. Reinforcing the culture of participation and volunteerism in public life.
8. Raising awareness of citizens’ responsibility.
9. Contributing to education on the values of citizenship including civility, solidarity and civic and humanitarian awareness.
10. Contributing to qualify competencies in issues of conflict resolution, civil peace as well as transitional justice and other pressing issues in the stage that the region is witnessing today.
11. Contributing to improving the situation of refugees.
12. Seeking to protect cultural tangible and intangible heritage, at both national and international levels.
13. Contributing to the preservation of the citizens’ memory.
Citizenship League is a nonprofit organization registered in the Netherlands.
To achieve its objectives, CL relies on all forms of available and possible civil work, such as Workshops – training courses – discussion groups and seminars – round tables –fieldwork – Networking and exchange of experiences – Publishing and Media – Studies and Documentation ..etc.