This program is the flagship program of Citizenship League. It works on spreading knowledge of the concept of citizenship, its principles, values and pressing issues, tackled in the context of war-torn Syria.
The overall objective of the program is to build an environment more conducive to civic engagement, socio-economic responsibility improving marginalized people’s access to avenues of justice at the grass root level in Syria.
The program spreads knowledge in 6 ways:
1. Training workshops on citizenship: Civil society activists are empowered with new knowledge on citizenship principles and values
2. Train the Trainer Workshops with a citizenship focus: civil society activists and other selected individuals receive advanced training on citizenship concepts and issues and are equipped with new skills
3. Community Initiatives: small scale projects at the local level are completed in accordance with the knowledge acquired from the training sessions
4. Cinema Club session: critique of selected films with a focus on citizenship where targeted individuals improve their awareness and knowledge of key citizenship messages through films
5. Dialogue Sessions: Citizenship Issues are discussed by targeted groups of CSO activists and other civil society actors
6. Knowledge Materials (Research): constructing a Citizenship Index, Research Papers on 4 sectors with a focus on citizenship, mostly focusing on civic educational knowledge dissemination.
+CP in the media: press releases, video links, infographs….